Friday, August 31, 2007

Say What?

1. My husband seems to think that I need to blog everyday. I don't know if it is because he is trying to encourage this or that it keeps me out of his hair during football.

2. It is raining again today. At least I didn't have to drive home in it. I like the rain, but does it have to mess with my satellite? It is the only thing I have energy for tonight.

3. There is a new patient that bites at the nursing home. What was I thinking?

4. My Husband has a gig on our anniversary. Our 10th anniversary! I'm pretty bummed. The only thing that is saving him is that our anniversary is on a Thursday this year. Still, I think I have a wifely duty to make him at least feel guilty for it. I just can't seem to do it though. Especially since last year we both forgot it. But this is our tenth! It seems like it should be important. Woe is me! :o) Well, at least I get to go out that night. Anyone want to join me?

5. I have a mental deficit when it comes to birthdays. I can never remember them, let alone send a card. Each year I think this will be the year I send a card to everyone. I think I am going to write all the birthdays on a calendar and not miss anybody. Well, that's not working for me. I really do care. I just don't seem to be able to keep up with dates. Hence the forgotten anniversary last year. Though I do know that Julie's Bday is next week. So watch out! I might actually get one done.

6. I'm tired. It has been a long three weeks. I know it is nothing compared to Jenny's pregnancy and Julie's feeding ton's of people. But nonetheless, I am tired. I am almost afraid to say, that I am looking forward to a quiet weekend.

7. I want a ring for my anniversary. I have been looking, but it is all too much. All the styles, grades, etc... just confuse me. Maybe that is why we have waited 10 years to get an engagement ring!

8. My plants are feeling very neglected. I don't think the brown spots are a sign of love and understanding.

9. I want to read a good book. I have been striking out recently and I can't seem to stop reading a bad book. I can just be bored to death and will read it to the end. Is that some kind of obsessive compulsive thing? I just keep thinking, "It has got to get better." And, "Surely, there is a point to all this babbling." Anybody read a good book lately?

10. I don't feel like my house is my home yet. Is that normal? I can't remember how long it took in Marble Falls. I feel like a guest here. Even though I am surrounded by all my things. Is that weird?

3 comments:

no_iffer said...

Thanks for all the posts! I have finally read them all! Um, good books - I have loved everything by Nicholas Sparks. "The Wedding" was really good.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed RV There Yet! and Quaker Summer. A great book, especially if you love dogs, is Marley and Me. I had tears running down my face from laughing. I will try to remember some of the others I have read.

Gema said...

Yea! It was so good to have blogs to read. I know I can't complain as I have been away way too long myself. We were staying in a stupid ratty hotel that had no wireless. Though I did sneak on to my blogs at work a couple of times to catch up with what was going on and was vastly disappointed not to have many to read. I did my part and posted some and I have loved reading yours and Jenny's. You make me laugh--and no, you are not awful about the spaghetti dinner. She just loves to put you in a pickle! Maybe you just need to start being more assertive---yea, far easier said than done.
Happy anniversary!! Wow, 10 years. Don and I were planning on going to Doss fish fry tonight but with all the rain in forcast we guess we will just stay home. I thought of you, two--as know you would love it too. Darn rain.