Monday, August 13, 2007

What makes me feel good

Know what makes me feel good? Not your ordinary kinda good. The kind of good that starts all warm and glowing in your tummy and spreads outward until you can't help but smile. The kind of good that is so intense that you're surprised that others can't see it or at least feel the warmth emanating from your body. That kinda good. The kinda good I feel when my husband beams at me when I get home from work like he has been waiting for me all day. When my 21 year old son sits down beside me and talks to me like I'm another adult not just his Mom. When my 18 year old daughter calls to ask me advice and I can tell she is really interested in what I have to say. That is a rush! Or the new 11 year old patient blurts out loud in the office that he can't wait to come back because I am the best teacher ever. Wow! When a plant that was at death's door not only lives, but decides to flourish. When a cake comes out of the pan without leaving it's guts stuck inside said pan. When Zane begs me, "Please don't go Aunt Tammie! Please don't go!" When I think of the wonderful friends I have. When they are as glad to see me as I am to see them. When my dog is freshly bathed and smells like his shampoo instead of, well, like a dog. When I am able to help a friend when they need it. When I manage to independently fix something around the house. When God makes His presence known to me in an almost physical way. When He answers my unasked prayers, because I am either too stubborn or too scared to ask. Thank you Lord for all the wonderful things in my life.

3 comments:

no_iffer said...

Love this! It made me smile!

Gema said...

I just love this post. It says it all--just how important are the small things. How good God is and how blessed we are when we just take time to notice all the good things.
One thing I try to do anytime I start feeling down is just count my blessings. When we look for the good we will find it.

Amber Lichtenstein said...

Im 19!! Aww, this was a really sweet post mom. It made me smile too