What a week! First there was the terrible news that Jake had passed away. I had barely digested the news when I had to jump into Teacher's Kids Camp. It starts at 7:30; which means I have to get up at 5 am. It doesn't end until 5 pm which means, with traffic, I don't get home until 7 or 7:30. There are eleven kids ranging from 3 to 8; one of which is not potty trained. The little toot refuses to even try! She just says, "Poo Poo" whenever you talk about her sitting on the potty. FYI - she's not making a suggestion as to what she plans to do once she is sitting there. No Way! She's telling you what she thinks of the whole idea!
I think I am really too old for this stuff anymore. I just can't handle a bunch of kids anymore. I'm really beginning to question if I ever could. I think Julie must have done it all while I went and hid or something. There is no other explanation as to why the kids turned out unscathed. I don't remember being this grumpy and tired, but I must have been. How did they survive?
The only thing that has kept me from losing my cool this week is my mantra - I don't have to take them home. It is only ___ more days. I don't have to take them home. It is only ___ more days...... If that doesn't work then I repeat - I'm getting a big fat check at the end of the week. Only ___ more days to the big fat check...... I hate to say it, but teacher kids are the worse! (sorry Jenny! I think you are an exception.) They are soooo whiny and will cry at the drop of a hat. And I'm talking about the boys! Geez! "Just one more day and I get a big fat check! Just one more day..."
Well, to add to the stress of this week, I received a phone call wanting me to interview at the Nursing home next door to the Center. Since this year has been very slow, I jumped on it. I was awake enough to warn her that I was leading a camp from 7:30 to 5 and would not only being wearing camp clothes for our 5:15 meeting, but I would like somewhat funky. (Funky being the only word to describe what I look like after being whined at, complained to, climbed on, ignored, food stained, muddy from our hike, had paper planes thrown at me and just generally being mauled for 9 1/2 hours.) Can you believe I got the job?! I think they are desperate. Make that really desperate. Oh well, I'm not one complain about a pay check. I am a bit worried though. I was so tired I forgot to ask a few questions. Like- How Many hours will I be working? And How many days will I be needed? Oops! I start Wednesday and don't even know what time to be there! I'm just hoping she didn't mention it and I had dozed off and missed it. Hope she knows what she is in for!
The next day, Michelle, one of the dear people that not only own the center but puts up with me working there, tells me that the phone has been ringing off the hook with people wanting OT services. Looks like I have gone from a measly 2 kids to 10 in 3 days time. WOW! Uhhh, how many hours am I supposed to work at the nursing home? Eek! OK now I am starting to get a little freaked out. I am just going to have to trust God on this, if for no other reason than I am just too tired to worry. Plus, He has been telling me to stay where I am as far as work is concerned. So, OK God. I'm staying put! That is unless the campers gang up on me. If you don't hear from me soon. Look in the woods behind the Center. I'll probably be tied to a tree somewhere repeating my mantra. Right now, it is 8:30 and the bed is calling my name. I must be getting old. I'm going to bed at 8:30 and not even embarrassed to let y'all know about it. Good Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment