Yeah! It was so nice to hear from some of you guys! I've missed everyone. I have to admit that I'm especially thrilled with the book suggestions. I can't wait to get to the library.
Well, we did it. We went and picked out a ring! Yippee! This morning, we went out to get some breakfast tacos that, by the way, were really yummy. As we were headed back home we decided to try this little jeweler in town. After all, our anniversary is next Thursday. Besides, I told Jesse a year ago that he is sleeping on the couch if there is no ring on my finger on our 10th anniv. The jeweler was very nice, not pushy at all. At one time we had to let him know we were willing to spend a little more money than he was thinking. I guess I should have put on more makeup or something before we went to breakfast. Anyway, I am getting a three stone ring. You know, the past, present and future one. We are having it made to incorporate my Grandmother's diamond and two other stones. I thought it appropriate that my Grandma's stone represent the past. (Kinda hokey, but I like it.) All the stones and the setting are supposed to be in by next week. After I approve of them, (like I know what I'm looking at) he will mount everything within a few days. Though I will be getting the ring after our anniversary, I've decided to not make Jesse sleep on the couch or out in the barn. He's not totally to blame. I have been kinda dragging my heels on this one. We had been to other stores that just made me very nervous. I wasn't sure what I wanted and all they really cared about was the Big Sale. Sorry folks. No big sale here! A couple of stores didn't even have settings. They suggested that we buy a ring and replace their diamond with my grandmother's. Then I was supposed to save the other diamond for a future ring. (Obviously they have never heard of "Safe Places." Those wonderful hidy holes where things are so safe no one ever sees them again.) So I ask you, how am I supposed to keep up with a loose diamond? Ha Ha! God Bless their well organized little hearts!
I can't wait! And that just freaks me out. I'm just not a jewelry person. I tend to lean toward simple silver necklaces that I wear forever. I don't even take off my watch when I shower. Ninety percent of the time, I don't wear earrings. But, I think since this has been 10 years in the making, the idea has grown on me. I just didn't realize how much until today. I feel so girlly. I could giggle!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment