Thursday, August 30, 2007

Just Rambling

I have lost two pounds! I know it isn't much. But, with all that has been going on the last three weeks, I think it is a miracle.

I have a predicament. I guess you could call it -
Am I being Nasty or Not?

Here's my problem :
Mrs. Ruby made us spaghetti. I didn't appreciate it. The End

I know I suck!!!! But hear me out. She didn't let us know she was making us dinner (I know. I should be grateful for a surprise dinner. Everyone else would be.) When I told her she didn't need to include us in her dinner plans, she told me she had already cooked 2 pounds of meat and it would be ready soon. So spaghetti it was. On one hand, I feel horrible for not appreciating her cooking dinner for us. It really is a nice thing to do. On the other hand, I am upset that the attitude is, "I fixed it, you'll eat it." As if we are children who can't take care of ourselves. Oh, did I say we had dinner plans? Jess and I were going to go get something to eat. I was really looking forward to spending some time with him. I guess that is my real problem. I just wanted to spend time with my hubby. If someone else had brought us dinner, we could have saved it for tomorrow or something. But, Mrs. Ruby would have seen us leave and would have been upset that we hadn't eaten her dinner.
I feel like a great big scrooge. Bah Humbug! OK. I answered my own question. I'm being Nasty.

No comments: