Thursday, January 20, 2011

Usually, when I have had a rotten day, I would turn to yummy, gooey, crunchy, salty, bust-your-gut food to make me feel better.


Hey! How'd that fruit get in there!

Where's my pan of brownies?!




But now, I have to take a different approach.
Like yoga, or meditation.






I need to start taking a deep breath and noticing the beauty around me.
I need to start remembering the many blessings God has given me.





Even when the days are cold and windy,
The grass is brown and crisp,
I can remember that Spring is promised to us.



That dark times are part of the season of life
That I don't need to eat my way out of it.
That even without food, this will pass.



And if it doesn't, there is always a big can of bug spray in the Well House.




2 comments:

Amber Lichtenstein said...

..you squished that spider.. right?

Alisa said...

Oh no!!!! You didn't kill the spider. Zipper spiders are our friends (or so my mom says).

All that food looks so yummy.