I really love an auction.
I love to hear the "Who'llgivemeten,tententen.Who'llgivemeten,ten,te-e-e-en! Sold For $7.50 to buyer number 68!" If, he's bad? Well, you'll be lucky to not fall asleep in your frito pie.
Each time I go I swear that I am not going to get a number until I know; absolutely know, that I am going to bid on something.
But, I cave every time.
It is impossible to not get a number. They call to you. They say things like, "You'll miss that special treasure if you don't sign in now." or "You'll look like a dork if you don't have a number! Geez!" Here, they roll their eyes and sigh big just so I'll know how much of a loser I'll be without that wonderful card displaying my number to the world. With that card, I am Tammie the Thrifty - Super Auctionee! I can buy anything and everything with just a little wave of that handy, dandy number. My bank account be hanged!

You'll never know what you'll find. But much more important, and interesting, is that you'll never stop being surprised at what other people will buy.
This here painting was bought for $60.
It isn't my style, but the frame is pretty and very old.
However, the frame isn't my style either.
So, my invincible number and I decided to let this one go.
I wish I could say that this cured my auction addiction for a while, but it didn't.
Each time I go I swear that I am not going to get a number until I know; absolutely know, that I am going to bid on something.But, I cave every time.
It is impossible to not get a number. They call to you. They say things like, "You'll miss that special treasure if you don't sign in now." or "You'll look like a dork if you don't have a number! Geez!" Here, they roll their eyes and sigh big just so I'll know how much of a loser I'll be without that wonderful card displaying my number to the world. With that card, I am Tammie the Thrifty - Super Auctionee! I can buy anything and everything with just a little wave of that handy, dandy number. My bank account be hanged!

You'll never know what you'll find. But much more important, and interesting, is that you'll never stop being surprised at what other people will buy.
This here painting was bought for $60.
It isn't my style, but the frame is pretty and very old.
However, the frame isn't my style either.
So, my invincible number and I decided to let this one go.
But it isn't my style either.
So, my card and I just sat there.
Well, to be honest.... I didn't see it.
I heard about it.
It was way in the back and I didn't get that far when I was looking over things before the auction started. But, when they said that there was a card table and 4 chairs up next , I knew my time had come.
The chairs are a solid wood with a nice padded seat. I couldn't see the table, but the chairs were obviously in great condition. And, if you have ever been to my home, you know that we are always looking for chairs.
So, I waited until the right moment and I POUNCED!
So, I waited until the right moment and I POUNCED!
Well, I threw up my card and waved my number around until I got some one's attention.
It was even better when we were able to get a close look at the table.
Besides the cool picture on top, it turns out that it isn't just a card table.
See that stuff in the middle?
That is the stand that turns this cool table into a firescreen.
Pretty awesome!
Not bad for 60 bucks.
I think the chairs, alone, are worth that.
I wish I could say that this cured my auction addiction for a while, but it didn't.
If you ever want to go, just let me know. I'd love to have the company and Fisherhead would love the break.





1 comment:
Good buy!!!
Post a Comment