The mirror is not my friend.

It hasn't been my friend for.... Oh... Say..... 25 years.
Now, before you get all excited thinking that the mirror and I are now bosom buddies - Get real!

The only thing the mirror and I are doing together is looking.
We look at each other - very closely. I still don't like what I see. However, I am seeing changes. Subtle, little changes are visible, to me, if I look closely and without prejudice.
The "without prejudice" part is the hard part.

I'm so used to seeing the negative. The rolls, hills, vast expanses of skin and flubber have always, ALWAYS, caught my attention.
However, now I am looking for less. I have to look hard. I have to make an effort to look for the changes that my clothes are telling me are happening.

I won't go into detail, mainly because the changes are only visible to me when I'm in my birthday suit. However, I will say that I think my wrists are smaller.
Weird, I know.
I, also, think that my Buddha belly is smaller.
Just a tiny bit.
It might be my imagination, but it seems like the ligaments in my hands are easier to see.

Okay.
Even I can tell that I am stretching it.
However, I am trying to remember that it is the little things that count.
Today - smaller wrists.
Tomorrow - a little black dress!
2 comments:
That's so funny... even before I started reading I said to myself, "Holy cow, her hands look thinner, more defined." It's crazy what fat girls notice, ain't it?
Keep up the good work. That little black dress is closer than you think ;)
Keep going girl!! I am looking forward to seeing you in a little black dress.
Post a Comment