Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday Nights

It's another Friday and here I sit watching really bad TV. Again. It's been another long, demanding week and I barely have the energy to push the buttons on the remote. I just want to sit back and relax. But I can't. Friday night TV is soooo bad, that I cannot lose myself in any of it. I'm not asking for much. I don't want an exciting night of clubs, bands, movies, happy hours, or even eating out at CiCi's Pizza. I just want to sink, literally, into my couch and veg to a good movie that I haven't seen 10 million times. I'd love to watch an entertaining show about.... Well, about just about anything! I am not a picky TV watcher. I've been known to watch some pretty embarrassing shows on a regular basis. (I can watch Dog the Bounty Hunter with the best of them.) But, while I love the Men in Black movies, I don't want to watch them every Friday. World's Wildest Police Chases and Paula's Party are OK in small doses, but every Friday? Egads!
Is it me? Am I the only one in America that doesn't have fantastic plans for Friday nights? Apparently, the "Powers that Be" think so. OR Worse! They believe that anyone at home on a Friday night is such a Big Loser that they don't deserve any better. How incredibly sad. I say, "Friday Night Couch Potatoes UNITE!" We can change the face of Friday night TV forever! Just as soon as we can find our way out of the couch cushions..... Has anyone seen the remote?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like you, by Friday night, I am ready to veg. I figure I go full force all week so Friday is veg night before my to do list smacks me in the face Saturday morning. There should be something for us deserving Friday night couch potatoes to watch on tv. Not having cable or dish, just local channels means even channel surfing is not an option to liven up the boring Friday night tv lineup.