Saturday, September 1, 2007

Fisher Flasher Strikes Again!

I just have to tell everyone. Jesse almost got flashed by his mom today! The only thing that saved him was his lightening fast reflexes. Here's what happened:
We were going to the library and the grocery store. Before we left, he went over to his parent's place to ask if they needed anything. First he talked to Papa who was finally up and out of the bed. Then, he entered the bedroom to check on Mrs. Ruby. He was a little worried when he saw her holding her chest on the right side. He asked her if her chest was hurting; thinking she was having heart trouble or something. Well, she said," Oh Jesse. It (the shingles) is coming out on my breast. See?" All as she stretched her shirt out to afford him a better view. I was waiting for him in the car totally oblivious to the trauma my husband was experiencing. So I can tell you. He had quite a stunned looked on his face as he left their house. Well, nobody can say Mrs. Ruby isn't an equal opportunity flasher!

2 comments:

Gema said...

Boy, what an X-rated place you guys live in. This was a good one.Poor Jess.....
I forgot to give you my book suggestions.
I am on the third in a great Beverly Lewis series that I have really enjoyed-The Heritage of Lancaster County series. Also, don't forget the Debby Macomber books--Look for THE SHOP ON BLOSSOM STREET OR A GOOD YARN. I think you will really like these--also Susannah's Garden is another good one of hers. And read Francine Rivers: LEOTA'S GARDEN. Another good mystery author is Albert (can't remember her first name but she is from hill country and writes mysteries having to do with plants and herbs she grows. They are pretty good and humorous, too.) Those are my suggestions. I think we all need to add a favorite book list to our blogs. I plan to when I can find the time. I need help figuring out how to do some fancying up of my blog like others but am too computer illeterate. Gotta run. I need Jennifers address--did not ever get it will you send it to me???or call on home phone and leave it. Julie

Anonymous said...

WOW! Such excitement around your place. I agree with Julie, poor Jess... Another great read is Marley and Me. It is an absolutely hilarious book.