Thursday, September 6, 2007

Crush

I had a very interesting evening tonight. I was at the Brentwood Tavern, where Jesse had his gig tonight. This lady, in her fifties, came with her friend and sat down beside me. Next thing I know, she is like totally drooling over my man! Oh, did I mention that she was sitting right next to me? She was very sweet and funny and I liked her a lot, so it was hard to be upset about it. However, I think if I hadn't been there, she would have knocked him on the head and thrown him in her trunk. She kept saying how cute he was and how he was just what she was looking for. Which I totally agree with, but is a bit disconcerting to hear it said in breathless tones from another woman. Then, my sweet, unaware husband comes to the table. He is being so sweet and attentive because he feels guilty for playing a gig on our anniversary. Then he started talking to her. WELL! That just added fuel to this lady's fire! I thought she was going to start hyperventilating! She just couldn't keep her eyes off him. It really was funny, because she was completely harmless. I think....

You know, I think we all need to have someone drool over our spouses sometimes; harmlessly of course. She really pointed out all the wonderful reasons I love this sweet, lovable, smart, good looking man. She made me vividly remember how lucky I am to have him in my life. I think everyone needs to be reminded of how blessed we are by our partners. No matter how much we love and cherish each other, we can't help but take each other for granted or let the little things annoy us. At least, I have. I have not forgotten how much I love my husband and how lucky I am. But, I have let that memory become faded as day to day things push there way to the fore front. I am glad that this lady had a bit of a crush on my hubby tonight. I feel like she might have been sent by God, just to remind me of all that I have in my marriage. After all, what is the chance that this lady would go to that restaurant (she had gone someplace else but wanted a place she could sit outside), sit by me, and be comfortable enough to let me know how wonderful Jesse is, all on our anniversary? You never know when God will use you. Watch Out Tom Selleck! Here I come! Have I got a crush for you!

No comments: