Sunday, September 9, 2007

More anniversary Tales

I promise. This will be the last time I mention our anniversary. It's just that I've got to tattle on myself. And No! I did not bash Jesse's Crusher on top of her head. I let her go home unmolested, like a mature, confident woman. I figured my man was going home with me, so what was the point?! Right? (OK. I must admit. It did cross my mind a time or two. I just couldn't figure out how to get away with it. Besides, I hear jail sucks!) Anyway, back on the subject at hand- I did a pretty boneheaded thing. First we must go back to Thursday night at the gig. As you know, Jesse was feeling pretty bad about playing on our anniversary. Well, my sweet, thoughtful hubby dedicated the entire night to me. Little ol' me! He said in front of all those people how 10 years ago, he had made us have our wedding at 2pm because he had tickets for the UT game at 6. And now, on our anniversary, he was playing a gig instead of taking me out to celebrate. Then he said He didn't know why I put up with him, but he was glad that I did. So he was dedicating the entire night to his wife Tammie. Isn't that so sweet? Isn't that just about the most perfect thing a man could say? Yep, I totally agree. Too bad I didn't hear a single word of it. Nope, not a thing! I was too busy talking to another band wife. I didn't even find out about it till Jesse came home and mentioned his dedication! I still feel about as low and slimy as belly button lint.
On another, happier note, I must brag on a wonderful present Jesse and I received for our anniversary. Amber wrote us a poem and then presented it in scrapbook form. It made us both cry. I haven't found the right place for it yet, but I will. I just don't want to put it where no one will see it. I'm sure I'll be bringing it to the next family gathering. I just thank the Lord, for Amber's thoughtful heart and tender giving spirit. She is a blessing to so many. I know she has blessed me in more ways than I can count. Thanks Amber!

2 comments:

Gema said...

Man, your anniversary had lots of ups and downs....I can really feel for how you must have felt to have missed Jess's dedication....is he over it yet? I knew you would cry when you saw Amber's gift--I almost did--it was beautiful. She is so thoughtful and creative and giving. What a blessing to all of us.
On another topic--I was really amazed at how fast my pictures loaded onto those slideshows on dial-up. I had waited so long to even attempt it thinking I needed to go to the library and use their wireless. So give it a whirl. My photo program has different sizes I can choose to send things in and I chose medium web view for mine. I really liked that slideshow website--lots of choices and very user friendly.

Amber Lichtenstein said...

Well, at least youll remember what happened on your 10th anniversary! haha. Im glad you enjoyed your gift. Talk t you later. Love you!