Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why?

Here are a few questions that blow through my head just about every day.

Why can't I get pictures to hang straight? And stay that way?

Why do I find a dirty glass or two AFTER I have started the dishwasher?

Why has Mrs. Ruby expanded her 'Flashing' audience to include innocent, harmless visitors?(Jennifer, I am so sorry! I hope you recover sometime this year!)

Why did I wait until the last minute to do my CEU’s this and every year?

Why does the toilet paper always need changing when I am in the bathroom?

It even happens at work!

Why does Molly have a renewed fascination with rolls of toilet paper and shoes?


Speaking of Molly - How can enough hair to make a toupee for a bald rabbit come off an animal and there not be one single bald spot? Not even a thin area? How does that happen?
(I now know that dust bunnies are very, very real.)



Why do old people become so preoccupied with their colons?



What does it mean when someone says, "She’s so English.... She’s English all the way down to her underwear." (I’m guessing she isn’t wearing a thong.)
And can you be that Texan? What does Texan underwear look like? Does it have leather and spurs?



When do you look in the mirror and say, "Dang! I am just That Old!"
Don’t tell me. I don’t really want to know





How can some people live in Austin and still think they are the only ones on the road?




When did it become OK to walk in front of a car in a parking lot?
When did we stop looking both ways before crossing a street?




Why doesn’t tea count as water intake?
They are both liquids and neither has to have sugar in it. I think I’m getting ripped off.



And Finally:




How did this sweet little girl, who needed me so much, go from this:



To this Beautiful, Independent Woman?


How did my precious, helpless, little boy go from this:



To this Man - who is serving his God and his country?


Now that you know what goes thru my mind every day, aren't you a little scared for Jesse?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ah yes... she did, in fact, induct me into the "flashing and feeling up" membership this weekend. But how soon you forget. I've seen my share of saggy tata's. Nanna was just as "modest", remember?

Alisa said...

I thought I was the only one with weird thoughts going through my head. I hope NEVER to be inducted in the "flashing flabby flesh" hall of fame!

tpot said...

Ah. That last part really made me cry. Thanks for giving me a lot to read!