Sunday, March 28, 2010

New York Here We Come!


It's official. We are going to New York!

I bought the plane tickets today. Thanks to the corporate perks website, I was able to get really good prices on tickets. Less than $200!


Then I made Jesse call the owner of this cool Harlem vacation apartment We sent in our request for a reservation after talking to him. Hopefully, we will get it. Hopefully, we didn't scare him off by asking if the place was safe. (Took us a long time to figure out how to ask that question, without offending the owner. You really can't just come out and ask, "Am I going to survive staying in your building? I hear there are a lot of bad people in Harlem.")


I think it will be so cool to be able to live like a New Yorker for a few days. Maybe I should pack all black clothing and start practicing the 'I don't know you exist look' all New Yorkers seem to have. Want to know what is really cool and unbelievable? We will be saving money by staying in a 2 bedroom apartment instead of a hotel. And there are apartments are all over the city! Crazy! I am looking up vacation rentals from now on. It certainly can't hurt anything.


Now, if you don't know me very well, you might not know how single minded I become when planning a vacation. Jesse has learned to just nod his head until I quit rambling. He knows that eventually I will go back to the Internet to look up more stuff. I think he will also admit, at least in my presence, that all this focus and determination (Some might call it a fixation or obsession.) really does pay off once we arrive.


Besides, I find out all kinds of stuff. For instance, there are 3 street festivals on the Saturday we will be there. We just have to go to one. How could we leave knowing we didn't get to go to a real, live Street Festival? Books and Movies have been based around these things, for goodness sakes! I just refuse to miss my opportunity to experience one myself.


Did you know that you can sail on a real live clipper? Uh... That's a really, old looking ship. That's the best way I know to describe it. Anyway, it looks very exciting and seems to be a unique way to see the New York skyline. You can, also, take a walking food tour. It looks like fun! Jesse wants to take the one that ends up at one of the baseball parks. Once there, you go in and watch the game. I guess that means I will have to watch the game too. Wonder if I can sneak my Nintendo DS inside the park? Would that completely embarrass a die hard baseball fan, like Jesse? Maybe, I can suck it up and learn to enjoy baseball. Well, there is always hope!


Well, I got to go. I still haven't looked up the Broadway shows and how to get tickets cheap. Nor, have I looked to see if there is a 'must try' restaurant we don't want to miss. Then, we might want to take a tour of Radio City Music Hall. And I need to start planning some sort of loose itinerary. Geez! Gotta Go.

3 comments:

tpot said...

Oh, I am soooo jealous! yet, I'm extremely happy for the both of you. You forgot to mention when you are leaving. Do tell. And I'm sure you'll let us know what Broadway shows you'll be seeing.

Alisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alisa said...

Have fun! Like Tpot asked, when are you leaving?