I believe that God is our anchor. With family and friends as being little anchors. But that didn't seem to draw a very good picture for me. Then it hit me! I decided to think of myself as a big ol' circus tent. (yes, haha!) In my tent, God is the Center Pole. It is a very large and capable pole. So big, I can't put my arms around it. God's pole is planted deep into the ground. Nothing is budging this pole. He is what is holding me up. However, He knows that I need more. I need something to help me become the shape that He envisions me to be. For that He created and provided stakes. Some stakes are bigger than others. The corner stakes are very big! While some of the side stakes, are small. But without them, I wouldn't be able to withstand the storms of my life. I would be blown this way and that. Torn and twisted; I would be a memory of what I was supposed to be. But, because God placed these stakes in my life, I am able to ride out the storm. They hold me down. Remind my feeble mind that God is not going anywhere. That He will provide a steady shelter for all of us.
Sometimes, I get so lost in my storm. Listening to the wind howl and the hail beat against the canvas, that I forget to thank the stakes that God has provided. Sometimes, I don't realize how important they really are. Sometimes, I just think that, "They know I love them. I don't have to be all gooey and gushy to prove it." But, I think that is the easy way out. Sometimes, it is hard to say 'Thank You' or 'I love you!'
So, my question is: If you are one of my stakes, do you know that I appreciate you? Do you know that I love you terribly? I can honestly say, since I know who reads this silly blog, that each of you are one of my stakes. You are a blessing and a true God send. And I thank you.
2 comments:
Awww...that's so sweet. Good analogy, too. I feel the same about all of you.
This is even better in writing. I think you made God smile with this... I know I did.
Post a Comment