Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Before I start this blog, I want to thank everyone for their encouragement and words of wisdom concerning the change in jobs. Each and everyone of you were and are a blessing to me. Just when I thought my ego was about as low as it could go, God put it in your hearts to lift me up. Thank you so very much.
Unfortunately, it looks like the job change is not going to happen. (At least not in the way I was hoping.) The OTR, that was planning to quit due to the cost of driving, decided that a full time position would suit her needs. Unfortunately, that means they will only need a part time COTA (me.) I do not want to work part time. Uhmmm.... Let me rephrase that. I can not afford to work part time.
So, I am staying in Dripping Springs until something else pops up. I’ve been told that the director over there is still not expected to last long. If that happens, I will be jumping at the chance. However, that is not for certain. Besides, the OTR there may decided that she wants that job too. Dumb old OTR! (I’m sure she is a nice person. I just don’t like that she took the wind out of my sails. And I’m feeling a bit pouty about it.)
Well. That is where we stand right now. I am still praying for a job closer to home. All this has really got me to thinking about a shorter drive and more time at home. (Do you know that if you drive a hour into work and 1.5 hours home that you end up spending 12.5 hours a week looking at car butts?) With the price of gas, the less I drive the bigger "raise" I would get. My problem is that I really want to stay with the same rehab company. They are pretty big and seem to be fiscally sound. I think that with the medicaid and medicare storms that are in the horizon, they will weather it well. (FYI: Democrats tend to cut medicare and medicaid budgets. Usually some of the first to get hit is rehab.) So, I am trying to figure out what to do. I’m not sure what God wants me to do.
Is it bad form to ask your director for help finding a new job?

Eeeks! That looks bad in print. So, I guess it is.

What about asking for new job advice?

Nope. Didn’t sound any better to me either.

2 comments:

tpot said...

So sorry T. I hope it gets better and that you find something close to home that you love, love, love.

Gema said...

I am so sorry, Tammie. This job just seemed perfect for you. I just believe God has something even better for you so keep trusting him to bring it to pass.
And I'm so sorry about Phoebe. I know how bad that hurts and what a huge hole it leaves in your life.