I have had a hard time blogging recently. It's not that I haven't had anything to blog! Don't get me wrong. It's just that I haven't been wanting to give much credence to something that is overwhelming my life, right now. I feel like all I do is whine, complain, talk about dead things, and generally bring people down. I apologize for that. I truly do. Frankly, it drives me crazy!! I want to be an upbeat kind of blogger. Someone that makes people feel good after logging on. Unfortunately, I promise myself that I would be real here. I would use this to not only keep up with , loved ones, but to hash out anything that needed a good hashing. (Is that a word?)
So, I have to do it again. Before you groan - I promise nobody died!!!! I just need to chronicle some not so pleasant happenings in my life. So in fairness to Jesse ans his bout of the big D, I need to tell anyone brave enough to listen... that I had a colonoscopy. Yep. Some poor doctor looked up my fanny. Luckily, he didn't find anything. I guess you can say I'm squeaky clean. OR, I have the cleanest colon in town. OR, My digestive tract is a thing of beauty. OK. I went a little far with that one. Sorry!
Well, some of you may be wondering, "Is she really THAT old already!" And the answer is a resounding. "NO!!!" I have had some concerns for the last 6-8 months. And of course, my imagination went straight to colon cancer. Thank God. It wasn't that. But, the mystery continues.
Now comes the Poor Me part:
What is the mystery? What could possibly make me swallow 2 cups of lemon flavored, salt water, not once - but twice? What could make me eat nothing but clear liquids? What could make me volunteer to spend more time in my bathroom in one day than I usually spend in a 2 weeks? OK. You asked for it!
I have had a nagging, achy, burning pain in my lower back. It is down near the lumbar sacral joint. It gets worse during my menstrual cycle and before bowel movements. I am, also, having other pains and discomfort in my abdomen. It has gotten pretty bad over the last 2-3 months. Enough so, that I have spent more days in bed or on the couch than I have enjoying my summer. With all of this comes a deep fatigue. I am always tired. During my menstrual cycle, I ache in my arms and legs. Finally, I often have headaches.
To say that I am getting overwhelmed by all of this is putting it mildly. I have had the dreaded colonoscopy. I have had a pelvic exam and a endometrial biopsy - during my period I might add. (The height of humiliation! Let me tell you - IT HURT! At one point in the exam as the doctor pushed down, I had to stop myself from jumping off the table. Well, enough of that gross stuff.) I had blood work to check my iron levels and my thyroid. (All came back normal.) I am scheduled for a ultrasound this coming Friday. Then, another visit with the wonderful GYN a friend recommended. At my last visit, she said that after the ultrasound, we would talk about what we were going to do. I hope that means that the mystery is soon to be solved.
So, this ends the latest of my Whoa Is Me! blogs. I'm sure I will not be able to stop myself from blogging about Friday and anything that happens after that. I'll try to keep it as short and sweet as possible.
Uh.... in the vein of trying to write blogs that are upbeat and uplifting.... I have some of the prettiest and varied finches still coming to my finch sock. I love watching them!
No comments:
Post a Comment