I just spent the most exhilarating, uplifting weekend. Jennifer invited me to the Women of Faith Conference. I'm so glad she did. I think she put it best - "It is like being mentored or counseled by several wise, godly women." Whew!
Sandi Patty was there - singing, of course. But she, also, spoke about the layers we wear around our heart and soul to protect ourselves. Unfortunately, when we wrap ourselves up like that, we are also keeping out the gifts and grace God has for us. Now, she is not one of my favorite singers, but she is an awesome speaker.
Nicole C. Mullen blew me away! She has a truly God inspired voice and testimony. She had me crying, laughing, dancing, then crying again. She is my new favorite singer. You could feel the spirit rejoicing and worshiping with her.
I just realized that if I gave a detailed description of what everyone spoke of, I'll be here all night. Plus, it would be another marathon blog. So, I will just say who was there - Patsy Clairmont, Marilyn Meberg, Natalie Grant, Luci Swindoll, Shiela Walsh, Nicole Johnson, the lady that does the Mom Song, and two men (the founder of WOF, Steve Arterburn, and a young man that grew up with help from World Vision sponsors.)
It is a must for every christian woman on the planet. I am planning on going next year. And every possible year after that. If any one would like to join me, let me know. I am going to research it while I recuperate, since the date in Dallas has already been set for next year. I will let anyone interested in info know what I find out. (Jennifer has already offered her home to help with hotel costs.) Maybe if enough people want to go, we can get a group rate. What do you think?
Want to know more? www.womenoffaith.com
Oh - I have to say one more thing. The man that grew up in Africa and received help from a World Vision sponsor really touched my heart. He made me look at our society and realize how pampered, spoiled, and blessed we are. That wasn't his intention. He was pointing out how wonderful the United States was and how it never ceased to amaze him. If you want to know more about that, I'll be glad to fill you in.
No comments:
Post a Comment