Sunday, August 10, 2008

Phoebe

Does anyone remember our dog Phoebe? She was our whitish Shar Pei mix.... I bogged about her a few months ago.... She was so sweet and soft.... And she gave the biggest, looongest kisses ever.... You remember her now, I'm sure.
Well, she passed away in her sleep about a month ago. I miss her. I wasn't going to blog about it, since it seems people are always passing on my blog. But, I just need to let my mind and heart have it's say. I am glad that she didn't suffer. Or, that we didn't have to take a long, painful car ride to the vet. But, I would have liked to be a little more prepared.

I didn't realize how much I would miss her staring at me. If you are a dog owner, you know which one I'm talking about. The "I utterly adore you and would walk on glass for you, but I'd take a cookie instead" look. I miss the way her eyes would follow me around the room as I got dressed. (Nothing is quite as humbling as dressing in front of a dog!) She would know the exact time that I was finished and would be ready to take her out.
I miss seeing her when I pull into the drive. She was always so happy to be the first to welcome me home. I'm sure the fact that it meant she got to go inside had something to do with it. But, it made me feel special.
I miss her.
I think I am finally ready to look for another buddy.
Isn't it crazy how much our pets effect our lives?

No comments: