After an embarrassing, yet interesting, ultra sound (I was not expecting it to be internal!), I met with my GYN. My ovaries are in great shape. Yippee! Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for uterus. It is home to a few fibroids and a solitary polyp. (I probably should have posted a warning about this entry having Way Too Much information!) So to put it all in a nut shell, I am going to have a hysterectomy. As of Friday, it's scheduled for September 10th.
Do you know what that means? I have only one more period left. ONE!!!!! Just one! I'm almost giddy. I'm sure I'll get hate comments from everyone who will still be menstruating, but I won't care! I won't be cramping, bloating, gushing, or walking down the Feminine Needs aisle ever again. And as an added bonus - No More Pap Smears! God is sooooo Goood!!! Tee Hee!!
No comments:
Post a Comment