Sunday, August 24, 2008

Golden Saga

There is something funny that happens when you blog about things. You either let it all out and then move on or you decide to do something about what is happening.
After my last blog, I decided to not give up on my search. Actually, immediately after I posted, I logged onto Craig's List again. And there it was! An ad for a golden retriever - free to good home - that had only been on for 15 minutes! I called the posted number and I emailed them too. I was ready. I was on fire! I was going to find the golden retriever that God had in mind for me!
Believe it or not, they actually called me back. It was a young man (sounded about 18-20) who was trying to find his parents dog a new home due to personal reasons. He said he was 3 years old. We set up a time to meet the next day. Yippee!!!!
The next day, he didn't answer his phone for 2 hours. He finally called and we set up another meeting.
OK. I could handle that. Right? Right!
The next day, my phone rang. It was this guys girlfriend. (I had talked to her too and told her how much I was looking forward to having a younger - but not too young - dog.) She kinda hemmed and hawed and then told me that she had potential bad news for me. Turned out the dog was 10 years old not 3. This young man just wanted the dog to be loved and was willing to lie to do it. Well..CRAPOLLA!
I just couldn't do that. I couldn't set myself up for a doggie death that soon. I wished her and her boyfriend luck and moped through out dinner.
Poor miserable me!

When I got home, I was pretty depressed. What was I doing wrong? Why me? Maybe God didn't want me to have a dog. Blah... Blah... Blah...

Finally, I decided to try another tactic. I would listen to the small whisper to place my own ad. Place an ad? Did that work? People would think I was nuts or looking for fighting bait. Nobody would answer me. Would they?
OK. Lord. I'll do it. I will write about my love and hope for a golden to love and spoil. I would beef up my doggie resume and sound pitiful without sounding scary. (I must admit I stole most of it from a letter Amber had written to a lady in Dallas.) Then.... I said a quick prayer and pushed SEND.

And waited for it to post.
And waited another minute for it to post.
Aha! There it was.
Then, I checked my email.
Nothing.
I waited 5 minutes and checked again.
Nothing.
Didn't any one but me read the ads?
I decided to have patience and wait ten minutes before checking again.
An email! Could this be the one?
NO! This was a golden that was showing aggression towards this lady's kids. Uh.... Sorry. Not for me.
Be Patient. Patience is a virtue. In God's time not mine.
Yeah right!!
Check again.
Another email.
Uh Oh. This was from the Williamson County Animal Shelter.
Probably a Golden mix.
(Lord, am I asking too much to want a purebred Golden?)
Well, look at it. What do you have to lose?

A purebred Golden had been surrendered that afternoon?
I could come look at her tomorrow?
She's 8 months old?
The picture of her is super cute!

Oh Lord, could this be the one?






Meet Molly.

My sweet, rambunctious, lovable, AKC registered Golden Retriever.











Look at that face!
Could you have resisted her?
Don't you just love that Big Texas hair?


I must admit--- It took me many, many tries to get these pictures.






Ah Mom! You're embarrassing me!



Tired after a 45 minute walk.





Thank you all for praying with me. God did have a dog in mind for me. He knew she would steal both of our hearts and that we were what she needed. Though Cash is having a difficult time adjusting, and she has NO manners, she fits into our family beautifully. Yeah God!!!

1 comment:

Kia said...

I want Molly! She is so cute!

By the way, do you live somewhere in the vicinity of 172 and some toll road? I think Josh and I were in your neck of the woods today.