Sunday, August 10, 2008

Looking for a Golden

I am looking for a Golden Retriever. I would prefer a male dog that is 1-3 years old. However, I'm not super picky. Consequently, I have been answering ads in Craigs List for over a week now. Do you know that only 1 person called me back? I have called and emailed. I have a sad story about how my sweet dog died and I want a new companion. But, nobody cares! Nope. Nobody. They don't even let you know that the dog has already been adopted out. That's just rude!!!
I got my hopes up after the one lady called. She said that she would probably take a couple of days to make a decision. That was Wednesday! I finally called her today - And left a message.
I'm beginning to feel like I'm back in school waiting to be picked for the kickball game. I was always one of the last ones. Plus! I was never one of the popular kids! How in the world am I ever going to convince someone that I am good enough for their dog? Ugh!!

I'm a bit discouraged. Can you tell?

Maybe I need some character references.... I might just be calling some of you!

3 comments:

tpot said...

I'm so sad to hear about your dog Phoebe. I don't know if I ever met her, or maybe she was the one tied on the porch at the reunion? A Golden sounds like a great choice. I'd give you mine, but I don't think the kids will let me. I hope you find one soon. You might check the pound as I have heard Goldens get abandoned a lot b/c of their high energy. Which brings me to an idea....snap out of it....you can't do that....

tpot said...

Oh, yes, and I forgot to say that you absolutely should write about anything and everything you want to in your blog. We may choose not to read it, but you should choose to write it. I think that's what the blogs are for. So, please do not hold back; I think it is very healthy to let go, and we all enjoy what you have to say.

no_iffer said...

I agree wholeheartedly with Tania. Write WHATEVER you want. IT's your blog. I mean, we dont' HAVE to read it. We will, but we don't have to. And Tammie, we all go through phases of whininess. I went through a nine month phase while pregnant. About this time last year---ay, chihuahua. Write whatever. Please. :) I'd much prefer anything you have to say than nothing.

And I'm so sorry about your tummy issues. I really am. It reminds me in a teeny tiny way of how I felt when I was pregnant. tired.sick.just not myself. I hated that! at least I knew the cause of mine! I am praying it gets figured out and resolved very soon.

Love ya!