I can't believe it. Tomorrow Hayden will be here. I know Amber is nervous. Well, so am I. I know I don't have to go through the tough part. That's Amber's job this time. Been there. Done that. However, I have never been on this side of the delivery. So much could go wrong. What if I do something stupid in the delivery room? What if I can't stand to watch her in pain? What if I get freaked out? What if I say something stupid and Amber kicks me out? Now, that would be embarrassing! I tend to get clumsy when I am nervous. What if I knock something important over? Or, smack the doctor with my elbow or something? Nothing like having a ticked off, one eyed doctor delivering your baby! Thanks Mom!
Then there are the Big Ifs. The - What if I stink at this Grandma thing- thing. Then there is the - What if he doesn't like me- thing. Let's not forget the -I live too far away to be a good Grandma- thing.
I know it will all be fine and I'm really not looking for sympathy Just feel the need to vent so I can let this all go. Amber will be a champ tomorrow. Hayden will be beautiful. And I will be the best Granny I can be.
I can't wait to meet him. I want to learn his personality. Watch him learn. Help him be the man God wants him to be. I think every child is such an incredible blessing and a huge responsibility. My goodness. God put this little, tiny creature with the instructions to raise him in the way he should go. Talk about scary and humbling! Oops! I just made myself nervous again.
Oh! I had an idea yesterday. If Jesse is going to be Grandude, Why can't I be a Grandchick? Or Grandbabe? What about..... Grandhotty?
1 comment:
You are so funny!!! Definitely nervous!!!! CONGRAGULATIONS!!!!
Post a Comment