Friday, May 30, 2008

Blessed

I just finished reading a strangers blog. That's not something I usually do. I not trying to be a snob. It's just that I'm usually doing good to keep up with those I know and love. However, due to a friend's request to help her friend, I logged onto an unknown blog.
I wish I hadn't. Yet - I'm glad I did. You see, it all started with a request to erase this woman's Greatest Day Stat. It was apparent that it wasn't a great day for this woman. Seeing this stat every time she logged on was breaking her heart. It just reminded her of a horrible day in her life. So, she asked for her friends and fellow bloggers to just log on to her blog on a certain day. Thankfully, she obliterated her goal. Unfortunately, I became morbidly curious. So, I started reading. What could have sparked so much interest? Why would so many log onto her blog that a 'blog-in' needed to be organized to erase it? Why? I found out. After a medical, physical and heart crushing battle, she lost her months old twins. One at a time.
My heart breaks for her. I cannot imagine the pain she is suffering. I pray that she has a wonderful family to support her and a deep faith to lift her up and help her see some future. I just ache.
As I prayed for her, I started giving thanks for all the blessings He has given me in my life. I have had pain. I have cried out to God, "Why?!" But Nothing compares to the loss of a child. I have a husband that not only loves me, but enjoys being around me. I have two wonderful, healthy, children who have enriched my life beyond counting. I have been blessed with an adorable, irresistible grandchild. I have family, though not of my blood, that are deeply embedded in my heart. I have all that I need to not only survive this world, but His assurance that I will thrive in the next.

My Lord,

I am Blessed!
You have filled my cup.
You fulfill my needs.

I am Blessed!
You heal my wounds.
You make my scars trophies of your goodness.

I am Blessed!
You light my path.
Even when I close my eyes, you are there.

I am Blessed!
When I ask, "Who cares?"
You answer, "I do."

I Am Blessed!

1 comment:

tpot said...

I love your poem prayer at the end. Beautiful!