It's been two days since the surgery. And I'm feeling pretty good, considering.
After the surgery and some time in the recovery room, Fisherhead and I drove home to rest in comfort. Well, to be honest, Fisherhead drove home while I slept. I blame my sleeping on the pain meds and the fact that I was trying not to give my patient husband a reason to dump me on the side of the road. (Pain meds + riding on IH35 causes me to jump out of my skin and become the worst kind of backseat driver. I tend to feel like we are driving 80 mph when we are only going 30. For some reason, I, also, lose all control over my mouth. So I end up saying things like, 'Slow down, for Pete's Sake!!! I'm not ready to die! Watch out! Did you see that car on the frontage road? It could have merged. Did you see it? Oh my Gosh! Maybe I should be driving. I felt a bump. Did you just hit someone?! Oh my Gosh! We're going to die!!!!' ) Fisherhead does not like my drug induced driving assistance. While he has never come out and threatened me with bodily harm, it was implied in the sideways look he gave me.
So, I slept out of self preservation. When we got home, I slept out of exhaustion. It was a long day, after all.
The following day, I did a lot of stuff. I brushed my teeth. Drank some water. Took some pain medicine and antibiotics. And fell asleep again. I repeated this process several times. By the time Fisherhead got home from work, I was exhausted, again! Oh! I did manage to make some chicken tortilla soup. Can't believe I almost forgot it. Twas my biggest accomplishment all day!
Today, we went out on an excursion to the pet store and HEB. I think it took less than an hour, and it totally wiped me out! After a bit of rest, I did some light tidying around the house. I think the important thing is to do a little bit of something, then rest. It seems to be how I am able to get anything done.
I haven't been eating much, but then I haven't been all that hungry. For this week, I can only have a clear liquid diet. So, I haven't all that much to choose from. Broth, jello, juice, and Popsicles are the mainstay of my meals. It's weird, but I can feel the jello go thru the pouch. So, consequently, I haven't had a lot of jello. It is just a little painful and a lot weird.
Now, I have to be honest here. There has been a down side to all this. It is a dirty three letter word. And that word is GAS. Gas is what 'woke' me up from the anesthesia. There was a horrible, back splitting pain that ran from one shoulder blade to another. It was bad. Real bad. But after a frantic search for GasX strips, and letting 5 melt on my cotton-like tongue, I started to feel better. Why? Well, the burps began. And sister, they haven't stopped yet. I'm thinking about changing careers. With all the belching I am doing, I could easily pass as a truck driver or night watchman.
The gas is less painful, but is still plentiful. So, I am hoping that by Thanksgiving I will be fit for company. Otherwise, I might have to lock myself up in my bedroom with a Caution Flammable Gas sign on the door.
I will post pictures of my wounds tomorrow. I thought I'd give some warning to those that are squeamish about little things like this. Don't worry! It's not big or gross. But, taking sexy pictures of incisions is kinda tough.
Well, the antibiotic and pain meds are calling me. They are in cahoots with the bed and my pillows. Looks like I'll be snoozing again soon.
2 comments:
You are do funny. If you are allowed, try Mylanta. Worked right away for me after my hysterectomy! My problem was, all that gas was inside me and not coming out. I was in such agony but the Mylanta had me back on track within 2 days.
oh my! I don't check blogs for three days and then I check and you've had surgery and had time to post about recovery! I hope the recovery is quick! I'll be praying for you!
Post a Comment