Thursday, November 4, 2010

I got this call today.
"Hello"
"Hello, I am Brad. Is this Tammie Fisher?"
"Yes it is."
"Hello, I'm looking for a family member of Army Dude."
"I am his mother."


At this point, my heart stopped. I literally felt the blood drain out of my body. They have told us that if anything happens to our soldier, they would call us personally. They would CALL us.

"Mrs. Fisher, I am calling on behalf of the student loan company."
"This is about a student loan? Do you realize that you just scared me to DEATH? My son is in Afghanistan. I thought..."
"Yes, I do know he is there. I'm sorry. I just need to get the paperwork to him to finalize this portion of his loan."



As I finished this call, which is good news, I barely breathed. I dutifully wrote down the numbers and information that Brad gave me. I walked into my office and tried to tell me tech something - I don't know what. Then I had to turn around and leave the building before I broke into tears.

2 comments:

no_iffer said...

oh, gosh. That made my heart stop too. I'm praying that boy all the way home... Love you.

Garnet said...

Oh Tammie I am so sorry I know how hard that was on you. I feel like crying with you! I wish you had still be here at Hill Country we would have all given you a huge group hug!