Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Save the Date!

My son and his lovely, patient fiance have set the date for their wedding.
So, it looks like we will be busy August 13th, 2011.

I keep waiting for Miss K to turn to my Army boy and say,"I love you, really I do. But your family is odd. Really odd. And there are so many of them! If it was just one or two, then I could handle it. But, really. They are all weird! I'm worried about our children. Is this craziness inherited or is it something that grows on you like a fungus?"
Well, so far, she seems blinded by love. But this chick is a therapist. And not the "Get off your butt and wash your own hiney" kind of therapist I am. She is a "I hear voices and my mother eats saw dust" kind of therapist. People - we might be in trouble. It won't take her long to realize that we just aren't normal. We put on a good show, but just below the surface we are strange.
Hopefully, we will be able to keep on fooling her until after the wedding.
But the other day, I'm pretty sure she saw through my 'normal facade' just a little.
Might have been the two tons of fried food that Jess and I ate at the fair.
Or maybe it was the Pony Boy song I sang to Zane.
On the other hand, it couldn't have been that.
Po-0ny Boy
Po-0ny Boy
Won't you be my Po-0ny boy?
Giddy Up, Giddy Up, Giddy Up
Whoa!
My Po-ony Boy!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

You have a normal facade???? Now that I would like to see!! As for your family, the saying applies, y'all put the FUN in dysFUNctional.


I see your family, craziness and all, as a true example of God's love. I do hope all that craziness is something that will be passed on for generations to come.