Monday, November 22, 2010

Incisions




Here are the promised pictures of my incisions. They aren't bad and bloody, with guts hanging out. So, all you sick people waiting to see gore, just move on to PW's site. She's got something called calf birthing, that just might rock your world.




Before I show you my sexy abs, I have to declare something. I got Hungry today! Today was the first day, that I have actually gotten deep, down hungry. It worries me a bit since, until Thursday, I can only have clear liquids. (If anyone knows of a yummy clear liquid, I'm open to suggestions.) Unfortunately, the clear liquids I have found are not very sustaining. Since I can only eat about 1/2 a cup at a time, I guess I'll just be eating more frequently. Ugh!




This constant eating reminds me of when I nursed my baby girl. Poor little thing was, practically, born 3 months old. I don't know if it was her size or my mammary glands, but no matter how much - or little - milk I produced, the sweet thing was constantly hungry. I literally had visions of attaching her to one breast and tying her around my middle just so I could get something done.




I am beginning to have the same type of visions. How about one of those beer hats with juice on one side and jello on the other? My administrator is pretty understanding. Surely, it wouldn't be too distracting for me to wear one of those at work? After all, I'm only working half days this week. It's either the beer hat or a feed bag. What do you think?




Okay, Okay! I won't put it off any longer! But before you look at these, remember! I am a pasty, white girl with very dark, almost black, hair. The only way for me to be hair free is if they dip me in hair removal cream and leave me there for a few days. So, have pity on me. Or else, I'll call my Uncle, the gorilla, and have him come talk to you!

Uhm... Have I mentioned how hard it is to take pictures of your own belly? There really isn't a flattering position - excuse me while I burp - again! Okay. I'm back. Where was I? Oh!- So, there are only two shots that are semi presentable. I thought about trying again. But, really. I don't think that I can do much better. And I'm embarrassed to ask Fisherhead to help me. So, these will have to do.




Alright. No more delays, excuses or pleas for hair mercy.
Here they are:



I have a total of 5 incisions. All of them are small. Four of them are no more than 1/2 inch wide.
These are both on my left side.



This is the largest. It is, also, the one that stings occasionally. It is smack dab in the middle of my stomach; about 4 inches below my sternum.

There is a tiny one about 3 inches above it.

The last one is approximately 5 inches below my right breast.

I, also, have a mysterious bruise on my left hip. It's weird, but I figure someone must have kicked me while I was under to stop my snoring. Some people have no appreciation for the melodic sounds of wall shaking snores. I feel sorry for them....

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Not as bad as I thought they would be. So what are you having for Thanksgiving? There is always the Jones Soda annual favorite of Turkey and Gravy Soda. Just a suggestion.