Friday, August 27, 2010

What Happened?

Do you remember that gooey faced, can't take my eyes off you lest I wither away feeling? I know you do! Think back to when you first met the love of your life. You would get excited about being together. You didn't want to go tinkle because it meant getting out of eye shot for a minute. All types of chaos could be going on around you, but you didn't notice. You were too busy gazing lovingly into each other's eyes. The only thing that mattered was being together. Being able to breathe the same air was your one and only priority. You felt like you shared the same heart, because you could only feel and hear one heartbeat. When you had to separate, it was earth shattering. You immediately started counting down the days, hours and minutes til you would meet again.

So, after 13 years of marriage (18 if you count our dating years,) I am left wondering why I heard myself say what I said the other day. I couldn't love Fisherhead more, if I tried. However, I heard myself say something that no self respecting gooey faced, can't take my eyes off you, wife would say.

Picture this:

An incredibly good looking, interesting couple is in the car. They are on their way to meet their son and his fiance for dinner. They are enjoying each other's company, just innocently gabbing...

Fisherhead: I'm thinking of playing some golf tomorrow, after work. What do you think?

Me: Sounds fine to me. Stay as long as you want.

FH: Well, don't forget. I'm going to the boonies to watch 6-man football all weekend. I won't be back til Sunday.

Me: Oh, I know. I've been looking forward to it.

FH: If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to get rid of me.

Me: Well... I'm not trying to get rid of you. But I am looking forward to spending some time alone.

FH: OH REALLY?!?!

Me: Okay. Look. How do I put this? All summer I have gone to work. When I came home each day.... well.... You were still There!

4 comments:

tpot said...

That is hilarious! I hope you have some nice time alone!

Alisa said...

Funny!!

Alisa said...

PS. Next time, can he take my mom. I would love some alone time.

Gema said...

Oh, I so understand. Hope your day was all you hoped it would be.