Friday, August 13, 2010

Friends Can Be Evil

Just Evil.
I don't know why we are given friends that know just what buttons to push.
You know what I'm talking about. They will say things that get your head spinning and your stomach turning. You will be thinking, "Are they serious? Surely not!" But, deep down inside you know. You just KNOW that they are serious. And then you get a little ticked. How dare they take the cover off this topic that you have neatly stored in the deep recesses of your mind. What kind of friend would do that?
Then to make matters worse. They will do everything but triple dog dare you to do something about it. Something horrid and unspeakable. Something like getting on your bike, that has been quietly gathering dust - and get this - Riding It!!!!
Riding that poor innocent bike!
What kind of monster would suggest such a thing?!
And just when you are about to open a can of huffiness on them, they look all innocent and sweetly say, "It'll be fun!"
Fun! She says!
FUN!!!
I'm more likely to get myself run over by a semi carrying a load of chickens.
I can see the headlines now:
Woman's Body Still Missing Amid Fowl Accident
Women's Friend Reports They Were Having Fun


If I start riding right now, I will have to super glue one of those caution triangles onto my butt.
I will get a ticket for going too slow.
I will.... I can hardly make myself say this, but I will... Well, I will sweat! I hate getting all nasty sweaty. And I don't' know if she has noticed, but it is hot. No, I take that back. It is H -O -T - HOT!
Ugh! She wants me to do 26 miles by September 25. Is she crazy?! I know she is crazy. Why do I even ask? I can't do that. There is no way.


26 miles. That is nuts.
But, don't you think that is a dare?
26 miles.
I hate being dared to do things.
26 miles.
This is a horrible idea.
It is still hot in September. Can't fool me.
Ugh!!! She is mean.
Mean and nasty.
26 miles.
Sweat will be running down my back.
Gross!
This stinks!
(And if I do this thing, so will I!)


26 long,hot, hilly, sweaty, nasty, mean miles.
I'm going to hurt sooooo bad!


I have just one more thing to say -

Want to join me? It'll be Fun!!!

*wink* *wink*

4 comments:

no_iffer said...

do it!!!! :)
You so should!
I'm not, but you soooo should! :)

tpot said...

I know you can do it! Go for it. It will be fun. Micah rode his bike out there by y'all the other day. I won't say how many miles he did. But I rode mine in the neighborhood. My bottom hurt so bad, but I did it. Actually it was Elizabeth's bike and that might have had something to do with it. :)

Lisa Warren said...

Just remember...she hates heat and sweating just as much as you (maybe even more)!

I believe you both will have fun and hate it at the same time. Just plan a spa day after the ride :)

Jennifer said...

And husbands. Don't forget the conniving husbands. You're gettin' to ride with a 6 year old... doesn't that help? Well, until he leaves our rotund fannies in the dust. Never mind.

Friends are evil.