I've been thinking about something. So, if you see a little smoke in the Leander area, don't be alarmed. It's just me. Luckily, there isn't a huge fire bursting from my brow. Or else I'd be fighting off tall, hunky, fireman. (Well, I guess, that wouldn't be too bad!) The only reason firemen aren't beating down my door is that I haven't gotten really serious about this thinking thing.
I'm kinda embarrassed to even mention it. It's crazy. Possibly foolish. Dang! I KNOW it is foolish. But, it's other people's fault! I would never have thought of this on my own. Beki planted this seed and other people keep watering it. Maybe, everyone is just being nice. I don't know. But, it's got me thinking about trying to get paid for something that I have always enjoyed doing -
Games.
I know it is crazy, but I have toyed with the idea of doing party games or such in the past. I don't want to do birthday cakes and balloons and be responsible for every aspect of a party/group. That is exhausting and thankless. I have done it before when I first quit the schools and it is just too much - even with help. However, I get excited planning games. I enjoy putting them together and anticipating how someone will enjoy doing something I have planned. I love seeing people smile and laugh while they participate in a game. I end up getting so much pleasure from just watching people as they play. Knowing that I was able to add some good memories, laughs and joy, is a gift to me. So much so, I feel embarrassed when people thank me for doing it.
You know, Oprah, the queen of daytime wisdom - such as it is - says you should follow your passion. I know this is a passion of mine. However, I don't think all passions are money making talents from heaven. I have a passion for photography, but I know that I could never get paid for it. Maybe, it is the same for the game idea. Putting together the Amazing Race for our reunion is enough. But, wouldn't it be great if someone would pay me to tell them to have a food fight or dig thru the mud with their toes to find some marbles I hid there?
Now, I don't think I am serious or anything. I have way to much work, as it is. But. And this is a BIG BUT. If I could figure out a way to put together some ideas, maybe I could do it. Maybe I could take a weekend a month and just show up at a reunion long enough to set up and oversee a game and leave.
But, I don't have a clue as to how to get started. Would people pay for something like that? How would it work? What would it look like? Would I have to be all official and everything? Dang! There are a lot of questions about an idea that is silly to begin with.
And if my sweet, patient hubby even thought I was thinking of adding something to my plate, he would tie me up and stash me in the closet until I come to my senses. Don't laugh! He would!
Really, he would! And we finally have a closet big enough to stash me into! Oh Dear! What am I thinking!?
3 comments:
Oooo... DO IT! I don't know how... but you should totally do it.
Tammie!!! I am soo beyond serious when I say you soo have the talent and passion for something of this endeavor! You captivate people with your amazing ideas and we all enjoyed ourselves so much(and I am not just saying that because we are family) I MEAN IT!!!
what that quote from field of dreams "IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME" whelp chica "IF YOU CREATE IT THEY WILL PAY AND THEY WILL LOVE IT!!".
Youth groups, University groups, family get togethers, kids birthday parties, there are so many options and you are a never ending supply of "Scathingly brilliant ideas"! (I stole that last line from the movie "The trouble with Angels" hehe).
I dont know how you could start but i know you got a whole lot of social support that will back you up and help you out! (haha that comment about Jess putting in the closet was funny but true...eh he'd let you out eventually:)!
Do it! Do it! Just start small and go from there! fun!
Post a Comment