To get this picture, I just turned upside down and snapped it from between my legs. It was goofy, but it worked.
Right after I snapped this one, I heard the train coming. Jennifer, on the other hand, had heard the clicking of the tracks and had already jumped off. Uhm.... Thanks man for warning me that I was fixing to get my goofy behind run over by a train. It was almost a scene out of Fried Green Tomatoes.
On another note. I am getting really tired of this heat. I can only pack in so much stuff in the "cool" hours following sunrise and those right before sunset. I am ready for some cooler weather! I water the plants and an hour later a vast majority of them are begging for mercy. The car is like an oven 5 minutes after I park it. The dogs don't want to go outside to relieve themselves so end up doing the pee pee jig in the living room. It is brutal riding a bike in this heat and humidity. I know that at any minute, my tires are going to start melting and leave a trail of rubber behind me. I can feel my skin baking whenever I walk outside. The moisture is literally sapped away. I think if I look close enough I would see heat waves of evaporation rising off my arms. I keep watching the lawn to see if it will break out into spontaneously combustion. And to top it all off - It is only the first of August!
P.S. I have to make a correction to an earlier post. My husband, the history nerd - Uhm, history aficionado has informed me that, once again, I have erred in my historical facts. George Washington never said anything about the whites of any one's eyes. That was some General 'Somebody' who was a general way before Washington was even thinking about being a general. Kapeesh? So, I apologize to all the history lovers, George Washington lovers, and to those that love that other General "What's His Name.'
1 comment:
Okay, you're making me nervous...I would have frieked. If the picture had been of me, I would have been running towards you at 90mph!
Post a Comment