OK. I'm back. I've been kinda scared to blog again after my last couple of blogs. They are a bit depressing. I know. It is good to get it out and this is the safe place to do it. I truly believe that. And I guess it worked. Because, after reading them myself, I decided that things were getting out of hand for me.
If you haven't noticed (ha ha) I have been sinking deeper and deeper into depression over the past year. It has gotten bad. I don't want to do anything. I don't want to go to work (which is the only place I feel half-way like normal) and then don't want to go home afterwards. The thought of going anywhere with a friend is overwhelming (It has almost sent me into tears a few times.) I feel like a slug all the time. I have no energy and no ambition. I have projects I could/should be doing, but just thinking about it is daunting. I am tired ALL of the time. My husband is carrying the load of housework and cooking because I look as bad as I feel.
I want to do things with family and friends. I want to do my projects - I always seem to have a project going in the past. But, it seems to require so much energy, not just physical energy, either. You need so-ooo much social and emotional energy, too. It isn't nice to zone out or not uphold your end of the conversation. You can't just go lay down when visiting a friend because you have suddenly become so tired you can't keep your eyes open anymore. You're supposed to be happy and have a good time.
Well, last week, it hit me. I need help. I'm not going to bounce out of this one. I have, like most people, been down, depressed, unhappy before. It has even lasted a month or two. I have always been able to 'Snap out of it!' (as Cher in Moonstruck would say.) But this is different. It has lasted over a year. It is getting worse not better. It feels like a battle, not an inconvenience. It is taking over my life. I don't like who I am right now.
So, I went to the doctor. He has suggested a drug with little side effects and gave me 6 weeks worth of samples to try. He, also, wants to do a full work up and physical, which is smart too. I hope that this will help. I don't know what to do if it doesn't. I can't go on like this, though. I am not only miserable, but I'm making others miserable.
I was so afraid he would tell me to suck it up. You don't know how relieved I was when he said yes to trying something pharmaceutical. So, Yippee! I'm now on drugs! I can't write- None - on the Prescriptions Currently Taking line of the doctor's form any longer. But, if it helps - so be it.
4 comments:
Tammie, I am so glad you sought help. I feel stupid for not recognizing the signs--just thought you were going through tough times (as you were). I am so glad he gave you something and I will be praying it gives you the relief you need. Good for you for getting a good check-up. I love you and support you.
I, too, am so glad to hear you went to the doctor. I guess I didn't realize you were so depressed and discouraged. Take heart, you are in a difficult situation where you live. You are not crazy, you are just not invincible either. You are a creative, beautiful person that we all love very much. Should you need us to host the Thanksgiving meal, PLEASE tell us. That would be absolutely fine. We have seats for 16 and another table we could add for more.
Love ya,
T
I am glad you sought help. I will be praying for you.
Oh, Tammie! I am so sorry that you have felt this way and I am so thankful that you have taken steps to fix it and I know that you will feel like yourself before you know it. I have always admired you so very much and I am so glad you have been in my life. I will be praying for you. You're the best. I mean it.
Post a Comment