I am a chubby cyclist
I wonder if people can see around my rump.
I hear other cyclist speeding past me.
I see 10 feet in front of me so I don't get overwhelmed.
I want to fly like the wind and not be going down hill.
I am a chubby cyclist.
I pretend I am Lance Armstrong.
I feel like the hills only go up and up.
I touch the handlebars afraid to let go.
I worry I'll never make it back home.
I cry because I can't feel my feet.
I am a chubby cyclist.
I understand you have to start somewhere.
I say, "Keep pedaling. Keep pedaling!"
I dream of riding 100 miles in 5 hours.
I try not to knock others off their bikes.
I hope I don't look as silly as I feel
I am a chubby cyclist.
(Lance Armstrong was just ahead of me. NOT!)
2 comments:
Tammie, I love this poem! I think you are so very brave to even enter these rides. I am just so proud of you and I think you look great. Your poem just expresses your emotions so well--it was great. Thanks so much for doing it.
You are awesome, girl!
Post a Comment