I don't want to get my hopes up. But, I might have reached my next goal.
After several weigh ins and not seeing much movement, I expected to see the same old number staring back at me. So, when I stepped on the scale this morning, I just stared. "There is NO Way!"
So I stepped off. Waited a minute. And stepped back on.
The same number flashed.
So, I got excited. Did a little jig, then decided to take a picture of my new favorite number.
( I need a pedicure!)
I moved the scale to a more 'picture friendly' area, grabbed my camera, and stepped on the scale. (Then I remembered that my camera weighs like 5 pounds. So, I jumped off that scale, like it was on fire and my toes were made of marshmallows.)
After putting the heaviest camera on earth, on the counter, I stepped back onto the scale. What do you think I saw? Huh? Huh? Somehow, in the two minutes since the last time I stepped on the scale, I had gained a pound! What the Heck?
I decided to spare the scale's life and tried it again..... Same Number!
Ugh!
I started thinking furiously. "What did I do? Did I eat french fries on my way to get the camera? A hot fudge sundae? A bowl of queso? Geez!"
So, to sum it all up... After tossing the offending scale into the corner (where it was told to think about it's future,) I decided to be cautious. It would be wise to wait until I saw the magic number twice, before making the big announcement. But, I am so excited that I am not, completely, following my own advice. So...
I MIGHT have reached my next goal!
2 comments:
Keep your eye on the prize. You will soon reach all your goals.
I absolutely love the way you write...just what's in your head...in the moment. And the honesty of feeling is awesome!! I really related to your "about me " in your profile...great work!
Post a Comment