Sunday, February 20, 2011

Look OUT!




I'm embarrassed to say this. But, there has been some violence in our home.
Domestic violence.
I'm pretty shook up.

You would think that when these things happen in your home, there would be some sign or warning that violence is possible. And I guess, looking back, there were little signs, that I just didn't see. I just chalked it up to two very different elements coming together.


So, when this happened, I was blown away. Surprised doesn't begin to describe it. What happened? Who started it? Were the police called out?


Well, it all started with a mop.

The mop was just doing it's job. Cleaning the floor with best of intentions. But, a mop gets dirty. So, every once in a while, it has to rinse itself off. On this occasion, while on the way to the sink, the mop bumped into the pans. Big mistake!




The pots and pans, are the George Jeffersons of our home. Where they began in the lowest cabinet in the kitchen, they have 'moved on up' to the lofty 'penthouse in the sky' of the pot rack above the stove. They have, like good ol' George, forgotten their roots. They tend to look down on the other tools and appliances. They clink and clank together; ringing out their disgruntled feelings. They barely even work anymore. (Okay! Maybe this is a bit my fault, since cooking has become a rare occurence in our home. However, in my defense, I didn't know they would get this spoiled.)
The less the pots and pans do their job, the more high and mighty they get on the pot rack. They don't like to be disturbed by anyone, especially lowly, cleaning products. Just ask any tall person that has dared to enter the kitchen and stand by the stove. Micah and Adam, both, have had a couple of bruises on their foreheads from getting too close to those stainless, steel snobs.





This is the culprit. This one,right here, got more than a little hot under the collar. When the mop handle jousled him, he jumped off his hook to give that wet, mud collector a piece of his high and mighty mind. Unfortunately, his aim wasn't very good. Instead of taking it out on the mop, it landed on the stove top. Much crashing, glass flying and cussing followed. (The cussing was from Fisherhead. Though I'm sure the stove top wasn't too happy either.)









Poor stove! It is just another innocent bystander that ended up injured by a lost temper.



I don't think the stove will, ultimately, survive. The other burners work, but it is kinda dangerous to have a gaping hole of glass shards next to cooking food - or raw foods, or drinks, or well, anything. I think our next stove top better be metal. I still don't trust those pans.




So, let this be a lesson to you.


1. Don't put pots and pans above your other kitchen gear - especially, if some of that gear is glass.

2. Make those pots and pans work! Don't spoil them by letting them just hang above all the other kitchen essentials. They get snotty and bad tempered. Besides, eating out is bad for you and expensive.

2 comments:

Gema said...

This is too funny. What a way to get a new stove. I love your writing!

Adam said...

MOM! I LOVE that stove. Coolest stove ever...

maybe you guys can just get a new stove top and MOVE the pans somewhere else. haha