Friday, February 4, 2011

Changes

I've got good news!
There are changes afoot.
I usually am 100% against change, but these are of the good variety.
Things are getting better at work. Hmm... Maybe I should say that I am handling things better at work. I have been very frustrated, overwhelmed, and incredibly fatigued. But after some prayers, help from my bosses and co-workers, and reality check, things are handl-able. Is that a word? It should be.
I went to our family Doc yesterday and had a good report. I don't go see him much. I tend to shun the doctor as much as possible. Not because I dislike him or anything. I just hate taking the time, spending the money, and well, wasting the doctors time. I know that he is busy taking care of people who are really sick. Why should I waste an hour, out of both of our days, for something like not sleeping? Or having headaches? or a little high blood pressure?
Speaking of high blood pressure! I don't seem to have it anymore!
Yippee!


I don't have to take these pills for a month.
I'm supposed to take my blood pressure 3x week for a month and then fax the results to my Doc.
Hopefully, I won't have to take them anymore.
YESSSS!
However, I am excited about a different prescription that I am going to start taking.
I haven't had but a couple of good night's sleep in over a month. I'm thinking that that could have a huge impact on my work experience. So, I am now taking a sleep aid. Wow! What a difference! I went to sleep sometime after... or was it before... Well, I seem to remember thinking the stuff wasn't working. Next thing I know, my alarm was going off. Wow!
The third thing is that I stepped on the scale this morning. Putting the scale in time out was a good idea. Because it had decided to behave itself. According to it's bright, red, digital face I am now out of the 190's! 'Bout time! Yippee! Hallelujah!
(Just so you know, the scale is now out of the corner and has been praised for doing a good job.)
Then, just to top things off, I, accidentally, grabbed a Longhorn, fleece jacket to wear to work. I had bought it when we went to a football game before the surgery. It was too tight, but the only Longhorn jacket I liked in my price range. So, I haven't worn it since then. Today, it took me a few minutes to realize which jacket I had on. It fit! I didn't feel like an over-stuffed sausage. OR an over stuffed teddy bear - you know, the one that is soo full of stuffing that his arms and legs stick out, stiffly, at 90 degree angles from his round, hard belly?
Yep, not me!
Been a pretty exciting day!
Thanks for all your prayers, kind words, and encouragement!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

So great to hear your good news!!! Keep going girl. You can do it.

Jennifer said...

You are indeed my hero! Hook 'em!! ;)