Friday, March 7, 2008

Bullet time

This is beginning to be a trend with me. Hopefully, I will be able to blog more frequently soon - awe, but that's for a bullet. How's that for a little blog tease?!




  • I really should be doing some continuing education - so I can renew my license - so I can keep my job - so I can pay for my car and groceries and things. However, Jesse is watching Lawrence of Arabia. Who can study with that sound track in the background? Every time he walks, rides, or is dragged into the desert, a whole orchestra starts playing. It is great music - just not something that one would want to study to. Now be creative on one's blog.....

  • To answer Amber's question about fancy bullets - I have absolutely no clue. They just happen. Maybe you have to have grey hair or something.

  • Speaking of grey hair.... I turned 40. What else is there to say?

  • Well, I can say that my wonderful family tried - unsuccessfully- to throw me a surprise party. It was great. I was a little anxious; worried that some of those You're Halfway to Dead type things might show up all over my house. I never should have worried though. Everyone chipped in to make it a very special day for me. Thanks to everyone!

  • I never knew when I told a couple of 5 to 8 year olds that I got a Nintendo DS for my birthday, I would suddenly be thrust into the category of Coolest Adult Ever. *Ahem* Yep. That's me.

  • The girls at The Center, where I work, threw me a party Wednesday. While they were not as kind to my tender, aging ego, (The first thing I saw when I drove into the parking lot was a sign that read 'If you were a horse, you'd be shot by now' taped to the door.) we had a lot of fun. I really love everyone there. I have been blessed to call them Friends and co-workers. Plus, every kid that came in that night got to take home some cake with him/her. Made me pretty important that night! It almost made the "Your engine is still running, but your warranty has expired" sign worth it.

  • Julie and Jenny wrote the best blogs ever. Well, at least to me they are the best. They came at just the right time. I have been looking at my life and feeling like I didn't measure up. Thank you for letting me know how much I am loved.

  • I finally did it. I got exhausted. My body, my mind, my heart - all exhausted. I realized that I had to make a choice between my two jobs, both of which I love. Both of which, combined, are slowly killing me. It was a really tough decision. For starters, they couldn't be more different. Therapy with old folks is night and day different from therapy with kids. However, I feel like I can make a difference, or at least help, with each generation. The kids can melt my heart - and frankly - I haven't met a kid yet I haven't eventually liked. So far, I have been able to say the same for the older folks. It is great to see a kids face light up when they get it and their bodies finally make the connection that comes so natural to other kids their age. It is equally great to give back to an elderly person something they thought they would never be able to do again - like feed themselves or move their arm(s). Money was an issue - won't lie about it. One job had a more reliable paycheck with benefits. The other isn't ready for that yet. And even though they are quickly on their way to being able to offer full time work, it will still fluctuate. The decision finally came down to time. Time for living. Time for Jesse. Time to spend evenings at home like a regular working stiff. I finally realized that that was what I craved and needed. So, (to end a really long bullet) I had to tell The Center that I needed to cut back on my hours. I would love to be able to stay there two nights a week, but that may not work out for them. I realize that they need to take care of their growing business. I will hate to say goodbye to all the kids and to see some dear friends less often. However, I trust that God will work it out as He sees fit. So, please pray for someone to show up that fits the bill for us all.

  • Can I just say that having a microwave that talks to you is kinda fun? Put in your popcorn and, "popcorn." Press start and, "cooking started." Then after all the popping, "cooking finished." I thought it would get old, but not so far. Yeah - I know your envious. Sorry. But didn't you hear? I'm The Coolest Adult Ever.

  • An autistic kid I have work with for years paid me the biggest compliment. Well, to me at least. He is able to repeat word for word and with all the sound effects almost any movie or computer game he has ever watched. Some of his favorite things to recite are the Mercer Meyer computer stories. You have probably heard of them. Me and My Grandpa. Me and My Dad. Me and My Mom. If you haven't you, probably get the picture. Well, during one of his recitations he looked at me, cocked his head and reached out to touch my hand and said, "Me and My Fisher." Did I say I loved both of my jobs?
  • Jesse is having hip surgery next Tuesday. He is having his hip fully replaced. I'm glad. He has been in such pain and discomfort. I hate seeing him hurt. When he can't even walk the dogs with me, it is time to do something. Please keep him in your prayers. He is very nervous.
  • Julie and I are going on an adventure. It has been a while since just the two of us have ventured forth into the great big world. I don't know if we should warn people or not. I am asking for your prayers in advance. Whenever Julie and I go somewhere or do something, we always end up with a story to tell. Like when we got pulled over by the cop for a dead headlight and we both in unison tell him, "We'll have our husband (Rick) fix that." I'm still surprised a task force didn't show up at our door. Or, when we got stuck on top of a hill unable to turn around and not knowing how to back up the truck with a trailer in tow. Where are we going? Georgia, of course. Adam is graduating from boot camp and Jesse won't be able to go so soon after his surgery. So, poor Julie has agreed to go with me. I'm can't wait. We'll have a great time. And I can't wait to see Adam.
  • Well, it is intermission for Lawrence of Arabia. Now, Jesse is watching an old Led Zepplin video. Net Flix strikes again! I guess it is time to start studying. Will it be - How to prevent falls in the elderly or Women leaders in health care? Snooze! either way. Do I really need to work?

1 comment:

Kia said...

Tammie Happy very Belated Birthday!!!! I'm so sorry its late. We just got our internet hooked up today at the house. I've been without it for over a week. I haven't been able to check email or anything! :( Hope it was a good one!!!!!!!!!

Kara