"You need to go home now."
"Why? I just got here."
"You have a lot to do to get ready for all those people coming for Mardi Gras."
"Mardi Gras?"
"Yeah. You told me everyone is coming. You have a lot to do if all those people are coming this way."
"What people? Mardi Gras? Whose going to Mardi Gras? And Why would they be coming to our house?"
"I don't know. I thought that was weird...."
A little later...
"Hey. Would you mind getting my dinner out the oven?"
"The Oven?
"Yeah. That one over there." Pauses and looks at the sink. "There isn't an oven over there.... I wish they would bring me my supper."
"Have you been busy today?"
"OH Yeah! The therapist lady made me stand up. It HURT. He left me some exercises, but I haven't seen them. He said he left me some exercises, but I haven't seen them (They were on his bed table.) I watched a lot of basketball, baseball, and football. But you know, I only watched TV for about 10 minutes. Then, I moved that dresser over there" -points to the TV on top of the closet- "and put it over there." - points a roaming finger around the room, finally ending up back where it started; pointing at the TV. "Yeah, that therapist lady made me stand up - TWO Times! He says he's coming back."
2 comments:
Does Jesse know his drug induced antics are blogging fodder?
Tammie, you have so many adventures. You should write a book.
This is hilarious! I laughed til I cried. Jess is gonna get you for publishing this.....Hey, this gives me an idea--maybe i need to post those pictures of my kids doped up after having their wisdom teeth removed....
Thanks for sharing. I loved it! I guess weirdness beats screaming in pain. Yea, for the morphine. I bet his therapist has some tales to tell....
Post a Comment