Sunday, February 24, 2008

Things That Make Me Feel Girlie

I feel Girlie when.......

  • my toe nails are freshly painted, especially french tipped.
  • my hair actually looks like it is supposed to.
  • Jesse gives me that special smile. (It makes me giggle like a school girl.)
  • he won't let me carry the "Heavy Stuff" after grocery shopping. (My He-Man!)
  • my necklace and ear rings actually match!
  • I manage to have the time to wrap a present with tons of bows and curls.
  • Jess deems something I'm doing as "Man work."
  • I get to soak in a tub with lots of bubbles.
  • I have to ask Adam or Jess to reach something that is too high for me to reach. Then they say something like," It must be nice to be a girl and have guys get stuff for you all the time. All because you are too short!" Tee Hee
  • Jess tells me my shirt makes me look busty.
  • I shop for pretty shoes. Tennis shoes and flip flops don't count!
  • trying out new lip gloss

Now, You probably noticed I left some things like the menstrual period and pre-menopause off of my list. Well, there is a very good reason for this. I am talking about feeling girlie. You know, all those things that make me glad to be girl. I wasn't thinking of all those things that just make me a woman. Lord knows, that is a list all on it's own. So, I'll save that for a day when I am ready to tackle that one - like when I am feeling blue or fatalistic. Ha Ha!

So, now I am curious. What makes you feel Girlie?

2 comments:

no_iffer said...

i love this post! I keep meaning to do mine and then I forget. I love all your girlie - ness!

Anonymous said...

Tammie, Happy 40th Birthday. Quite an accomplishment, kids gone and turning forty. You have all of your life ahead of you. I'm just 6 years behind you. I hope you had a great day.
Christy