Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hip Hip Hooray!

After some last minute jitters, a bit of nail biting and a few tears, Jesse is now the new owner of a left-sided, ceramic hip! Oh by the way- the tears were mine.
Anyway, Jesse is doing fine, enjoying the morphine at his disposal, and feeling happy that it is over. He only got a little grumpy when they brought him a cup of broth and a tiny - and I mean tiny - cup of jello for his supper tonight. They brought him a pitcher of tea, so that seemed to tame the savage beast.
I feel sorry for him. He hasn't eaten since 6pm last night. Poor thing is probably dreaming of his favorite cheese and crackers. Almost made me feel bad for eating some nachos tonight on the way home- Almost. He should be able to eat tomorrow morning. I hope so. I don't want to show up there if all he has had to eat is clear liquids for 24 hours. He might think I am a walking, talking ham come to sacrifice myself. EEK!
Well, I'm going to bed. I don't know how it works, but sitting in hospital is exhausting. It is like all the sick people drain your healthy energy in order to get well. Very sci-fi of me isn't it. I'm sure they made an episode of the Twilight Zone like that. If not, they should have. Can't you just imagine it?
Well, I better stop before I give myself nightmares. After all, I am having to sleep by myself tonight. Yes, All the doors are locked. Yes, my trusty hound, Cash, is going to sleep on the bed to keep me safe. And, No. I am not going to watch anything resembling the Twilight Zone or Halloween III tonight. I will not hear any creaking noises or bumps. Oh, Darn! Why didn't I plan a sleep over or something?! OK, now. I am 40 years old and should be able to sleep in my home by myself. Right?! Well, I guess I'll just go find out. Wish me luck!

No comments: