Today was not my finest.
I don't know what happened to me.
Where did my mind go?
So, the new business office manager is asking me how things run at my facility.
She is asking about meetings, paperwork, and billing. Suddenly, she asks me if I use gift wrap.
"Excuse me?"
Do you use gift wrap?
"Gift wrap?"
*pause*
(That's odd. Why does she want to know if I use gift wrap?)
*The pause is definitely pregnant now*
"No. I like to use the bags."
To my utter humiliation, Giftwrap is a import program that they used at her last job.
In my defense, That is a STUPID name for a medical program!
So, after using a crowbar to pry my foot out of my mouth, I went back to trying to close for the month. I was having trouble with one patient. She had disappeared from my caseload list. So, I called IT.
"Hi! I am having trouble closing. I have patients that have disappeared from my caseload. Help!"
Ma'am, on the top of your list, does it say ALL Residents or something else?
"Uhm....
*pause* .... I am sorry for wasting your time. I am an idiot."
Hope your day was fool of brilliant thoughts and mind boggling inspiration.
Cause my brain was obviously out of the building.
4 comments:
I have had those days, an recently, lol. *HUGS*
lol! I should say something more supportive and encouraging... but it's just funny. What would have made it better is you running in terror from the balloon bird attacking the visiting business office manager.
Love you :)
That is hilarious. Thanks for making me laugh!
Oh Tammy you do make my day! I am glad to hear you have a new office manager, and to be fair to you I have never heard of Giftwrap either so I would probably said the same thing. And trust me IT loves it when a trouble call is that easy to fix. Just laugh and thank them for pointing out such a silly thing it make them feel good. And just one more thing at the end of your rambling did you mean to say "fool" or was it suppose to be "full" either way I am still laughing!
Post a Comment