Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yippee!!!

I have successfully passed a major milestone. I now weigh....

Wait a minute.... I need to take a breather.

Maybe, I won't talk about this after all.

This really is embarrassing and a bit uncomfortable. So, I think I'll not be quite so honest today.

Instead, I think I will let you know that I am scared for my Christmas tree.

It is overflowing with gifts. The bottom half has disappeared and I swear it is shorter than when I put it up. I have no proof, but I'm sure that the presents are multiplying by themselves. It is getting a little scary.

Is it possible for presents to take over a room and eat the tree that is giving them shelter? I swear they are alive. I see them moving out of the corner of my eye. But, when I look at them straight on, NOTHING! They are devious and sneaky. Somehow, they can move without making a sound. I listen carefully, but can't hear anything. Pure, diabolical madness! (The gifts, not me.)

I wonder if they know that their bright, shiny, bow laden days are numbered. I think they are planning a coup. If I knew that in just a few days my wrapping and ribbons would be scattered all over the floor willy-nilly, I would upset too.

The big one in the corner is looking at me strangely and it is leaning toward the tree in a way that looks menacing to me. I feel sorry for the tree. But, well, it is every man (or tree) for themselves.

I think that I will go to my bedroom and lock the door.

Christmas needs to hurry up and get here. I really like that tree.

I hope it survives.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Wait a minute! It is just not right to leave me in suspense about your milestone. Congratulations.