Monday, December 28, 2009

Wonderful, Wonderful Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas. No! Really! It was just wonderful! There wasn't any real stress once Christmas eve got here. We were able to just relax and enjoy the holiday. That in itself was a miracle.
Did anyone else in central Texas get snow on Christmas Eve? I drove home, from work, at about 12 and thought I saw and occasional flake. However, I thought I was seeing things because the weather forecast I had carefully watched that morning had said no precipitation. But, when I got home, Jesse was worried that I had driven through snow. Apparently, it had been snowing here off and on for an hour or two. Frankly, I was still in in the Bah! Humbug! stage and didn't believe him. But, boy was I wrong! It started blowing snowflakes everywhere. We even got to drive to church in it. Nothing was sticking, but it was beautiful to behold. It felt like a special Christmas gift from the Lord. Especially when we were sitting in church with the snow blowing past the windows as we all sang carols. Amazing!
We came home and had our traditional dinner of tamales, beans and queso. Then we sat down in front of the fireplace and had a nice evening with Beth, Nick Adam, and Granny. It was great just chatting and laughing; remembering Christmas' past.
The next morning, since we didn't have any little ones here, we got to sleep late! HAHAHAHA! Sorry all you parents and grandparents that didn't have that luxury, but I am enjoying the opposite joy of being jarred awake by sweet children excited about Christmas morning. Don't get me wrong. I missed seeing the excitement of little guys at Christmas morning. I really, truly did. But I really, truly enjoyed being able to sleep late and start the morning slowly too. It was a luxury I hope to not have next year, as Hayden will be old enough to understand what is happening.
Needless to say, the day went at a leisurely pace. We opened our stockings - when Adam woke up enough. We opened gifts when Amber and Hayden arrived. ( I got all kinds of goodies. I am holding myself back and not doing the little kid thing of "I got....and ...and...") For lunch, we had a great meal of steak, potatoes, salad, and corn casserole.

Ah..... It was a super duper, quiet Christmas and I loved it.

1 comment:

tpot said...

Tammie,
So glad you had a wonderful Christmas, and I love your song!