Thursday, December 17, 2009

Feeling Puffy

I had my oral surgery Tuesday. Today I look like the godfather. So, I am holding up in my house for fear of being recruited by the Texas mafia.

I am trying to use my, self imposed, house arrest status to get some Christmas stuff done. I finally put the ornaments on the tree yesterday. (Adam seemed to think that it needed more than lights and the faux cranberry garland.) And I got the rest of the pine garland put up/decorated in their usual spots.

Then I got a shock. It seems all that HARD (not) work wore me out. Who knew that oral surgery would wear you out so much? I think I will blame it on the pain pills/antibiotics/steroids. Surely, I am not that wimpy. But then again, who knows? I have always had a fear of wimpiness. Maybe I am just fooling myself. Non-wimpy pride goeth before the fall, or major medical issues?

I hope. Really, Really Hope. That I can get all the Christmas boxes out of the living room today. That is my goal. Then, maybe, I can wrap a few gifts. Keep your fingers crossed, or legs if you are in Africa, that I get something, anything, done today. I hate laying around doing nothing. Uh... Maybe I should clarify that. I hate laying around doing nothing when I want to be doing something else. Otherwise, doing nothing is just fine and dandy with me!

No comments: