Friday, March 13, 2009

Pet store is a dangerous place

After Jess spent 2 hours bathing and cleaning up after a wet, mud caked, Molly on Wednesday, We decided that something had to be done to prevent this from happening again. (There is nothing so nasty as a big slimy, wet golden retriever full of vim and vigor. I owe him big!)

So, Jesse took off Thursday and stayed home with her. (Really it was just an excuse to take a much needed mental illness - oops! mental health day.)

Though they had a great day, Jesse really had to go to work today. So we called our local Smartpets and set her up for a day of doggie camp. Can you believe that?! Doggie camp consists of food, fun, and 8 hours of playing with other dogs. My goodness, I can't think of anything more a dog could want.

Molly did great - as her Repup Card stated. Yes. Each dog gets a report card. It is amazing what people will pay for these days. Crazy people. Who would want a doggie report card? Where would you put such a thing? In her baby book? Hang it on the wall? I'm serious people! What do I do with this thing? I can't throw it away. It is her FIRST report card! She even got a sticker for playing well with others. An...nd she did her business. My dog is an honor camper! I'm so proud!

The problem is every time we go into that store, Jesse sees all these darling dogs. He oohs and aahs over them; pointing out different characteristics of each. I like seeing the other dogs too. However, today, Jesse uttered something I never expected to hear.

He said---

"I think we need to get another dog."

What?!!!

That is like telling me - "Lets have another baby."

I love dogs and puppies. There is nothing better than puppy breath.

But, another one?!

I just don't know what to say. I hope it was just a passing thought.

I really hope God isn't about to guide a stray to our door. Which is what happened the last time someone in the family decided we needed another dog. Walla! Cash shows up.

OK. I'll make a deal. If He can bring a bulldog, great dane, or mastiff, I'll give in.

Maybe.

If it's really cute.

And house trained.

And fetches me a glass of ice tea made the way I like it.

2 comments:

Kia said...

A Repup card? That is so cool! I want a dog even more now so I can bring them to PetSmart and get one! I'd totally hang it on my fridge! yea, I'm a dork like that. :)

tpot said...

Aw...that's so cute!