Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Baby Veggies and Flowers

Have I mentioned that I love watching things grow?
The old plants coming back
and the seeds pushing their way into the world
all bring peace and satisfaction to me.
It reminds me that God is in control of everything,
even the smallest seed.

I don't remember what this plant is, but I got it last year.
Since last summer was not my best 'plant friendly' season,
it must be very hardy to have come back and flourish.
I love the large green leaves and the almost shy flowers.

These wispy little guys are California Poppys.
They are in the same giant cast iron pot with the mystery plant.


These teeny tiny guys are ???? Well, I know that they are wildflowers.
I just don't know what kind they are.
More than likely, there are several different kinds here.
I planted them on the slope left by the road crew.
The grass they planted was a no show,
so I decided to take advantage of weed free space.
Thanks Wildseed Farms!

Ahhhh.... Can you guess what this is?
No?
Well, they are pregnant pots.
Yep. Inside each pot is a little bundle of vegetable joy.
Let's see. According to the sonogram, there is corn, squash, beans, sweet peas,
zucchini, watermelon, cucumber, and cantaloupe.


These are just a mix of the old and new.
Herbs, roses, daffodils, dianthus, and alyssum
are, hopefully, going to co-exist peacefully.
That's it for now. I have some nasturtiums popping out of the ground
but they are still a little camera shy.
(They still have bits of dirt on their heads.
I didn't think it fair to take their picture when they weren't looking their best.
OK. OK. I kinda forgot about them til just now.
But, didn't the first reason sound a bit more Mother Nature-ish?)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the pregnant pots blurb! You're so creative. I can't wait to see it all bloomin'. That joy... it's just oozin' from every post. You make me smile. :) See!