This weekend was Fu-un packed. I drove my happy little booty up to Fort Worth to spend the weekend with Jennifer, Mace and the kids. The fact that her Aunt Paula and Paula's best friend Sansha were there was a bonus. To top it all off the plans included - a wonderful tea room lunch, a family birthday party, and shopping, shopping, shopping.
I haven't been able to make Grace and Zane's birthday parties before, so I was really happy to be able to do it this year. We had a great time eating chili and roasting smores. The fact that Mace started the 'campfire' with a blow torch did not hinder our spirits in the least. We told silly stories and watched Zane burn marshmallows one after the other. (I never knew marshmallows could get so big! Plus, they burn forever!)
It was amazing that that little boy did not put a single marshmallow in his mouth. Nope. He was very intent on making marshmallow torches. Catch it on fire - blow it out. Catch it on fire - giggle with delight - blow it out. Catch it on fire again.... Well, you got the picture.
Aunt Paula had her first smore. It is a milestone in every one's life that she had waited way to long to jump. What decent, American, adult hasn't eaten a smore?! I think it is a crying shame that there are people out there who haven't eaten this piece of gooey, campout Americana. Now that this has been brought to my attention, I am thinking of starting a non-profit charity called Smores the World. Want to join me?
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time! Good thing for you guys she has finally had her first s'more!
How sad to have gone through life so long without s'mores. I am glad you saved her. And we have some serious work to do with Zane...does he murder weenies, too?
Glad you had such fun.
Post a Comment