I love the lights on the Christmas tree. I can sit next to a tree and do nothing but stare at the lights. They almost mesmerize me. It doesn't matter what color they are or if they twinkle or not. (Though, I tend to favor white lights on my tree.) I think they are just about one of the most beautiful things ever. The only thing that could improve my tree, full of lights, is if it were placed in front of a window overlooking a magnificent snow-capped mountain. Can't you just imagine it?
When I was a kid, I would lay next to the tree and just stare. I would look so long that the lights would blur. At that point, they would look so soft and magical. I felt that if I just stayed still long enough I would be able to hear the angels singing. I wanted to stay there forever.
As you probably guessed, tree lights are a huge part of the feeling of Christmas for me. They are a symbol of the wonder and magic of this most special of holidays. They add that bit of cheer and a true feeling of winter that our 70 degree weather can't. I hope everyone is able to enjoy the thing that brings Christmas alive for you this season.
3 comments:
Oh, I totally agree with everything you say. I love the lights of Christmas. We put up the tree here last Sunday and it is so pretty--and lights on the mantle, too, and then last night we set up my Christmas village which added more lights. Just think--in a few weeks you will enjoy all the many lights of New York City at Christmas!
I love love love Chrismas lights. Driving home from Thanksgiving we passed Santa's Ranch on 35 near San Marcos. Have you seen it or even been? I am totally dragging Josh there!
That's so beautiful! I LOVE them, too. I always want more, more lights on the tree. :)
Post a Comment