Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Please, My name is Tammie!

OK. I just wanted to share this little thing that happened to me today.

I run an exercise class for the Nursing home twice a week. You could call it Oldie-rcise! Any way, I had all the old folks, in their wheelchairs, in a big circle around me playing with a very large balloon. All was going well, when the little lady from Brooklyn was brought to the circle. (I think I have mentioned her before. She encouraged me to wash my car once.) Well, today was not one of her "with it" days. As I made my way around the the circle batting the ball to everyone, she started yelling, "Oh my God!" She kept it up until I made eye contact with her. Then, she asked me a question. After answering it, I returned to playing with the others. This happened several times. "Oh my God! Oh My God! Oh my God!" Over and over again until I talked to her or tossed the ball to her. I thought she was just chanting and I was just able to redirect her for a short period of time. But No. That was not what was going on. After I got delayed at one end of the circle for longer than she thought necessary, she shouted, "Oh my God! What is taking you so long! I need something to do!" Suddenly, it was so clear to me! She obviously has the greatest esteem for my rehab abilities! Don't worry, though. The rest of you can just call me Tammie. Ha Ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a character! Keep writing of your nursing home adventures.

tpot said...

That is so funny!!!